Quite some time ago I wove a series of scarves in an orange/red and a harsh orange. No one looked at them and they weren't my colour so I nonchalantly hit the dye pot. This first one I overdyed with 'fire red' which made the red redder and softened the orange.
Then I figured blue over red gives purple and over orange I'd get a green but what sort I didn't know so it was with curiosity that I kept peering into the pot. A successful outcome I think.
Daryl Lancaster where she separates layers of her warp with cords while winding it on. I thought it was worth trying even though I get a basket weave shed with echo threading. It worked; I went slowly but no tangles or broken threads. I really thought I was going to have to bin this one.
I did include an extra half metre of warp for sampling and tried many different combinations of weft. All but one is successful and now I can't decide which ones to weave. More next time.