Friday, April 24, 2015

Tea towel warp

Playing with different tie ups and treadlings while testing the "fixed" loom.
The threading is the same as for the banner and winning alpaca shawl and has a warp of alternate threads of cotton and linen.
I probably should have ironed the fold creases but ....
First tie up included 1-3, 3-1 twill and tabby.
No 2 woven as an echo weave.  This towel has a ramie weft and is probably not as absorbent as cotton or linen.
Woven as 4 colour double weave.  Showing a bit much pink as you can see by the 'white' background.
and the reverse side.
These were fun to play with so may do more for the Cargo Shed after 50 metres of scarf material.  I better get working.

3 comments:

  1. I think I have the most beautiful one of the lot. :-) Thank you again. Mom and I were talking about it yesterday, examining it, I should say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're enjoying it. Is your Mum out here?

      Delete
  2. She was, and she went home today. Next visitor comes Tuesday. This has been a year of visitors!

    ReplyDelete