Sunday, April 17, 2016

Anne's sliver

About this time last year my friend Anne passed away having put up a grand fight against cancer.  
I was gifted some of her stash (thanks Peter) including this sliver of 75% corriedale, 25% silk from Anna Gratton Ltd.
I spun a single and plied it with navy cashmere commercial yarn.
I don't know what this style of spinning is called (except not very good) but I held the commercial yarn straight and let the handspun semi wrap around it; except when Blindspot got exciting or when I fell asleep and then I found myself reverting to regular spinning.  
What, don't you keep spinning while you sleep?
My plan is to knit myself a Pfeilraupe wrap so I'm off to make a tension sample.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,
    I looked up the pattern on Ravelry and now I can't wait to see it! Think that I may give it a try with some of my handspun once the summer heat starts to abate here on Vancouver island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynnette, Progress is slow but I'm over halfway. Have spent quite a few evenings weaving but hoping to have more knitting time soon.

      Delete