Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Its happened again

Earlier this month I entered two scarves in the National Exhibition of Creative Fibre Society.  This will be held in Hamilton in association with a huge Quilt and craft show.

It was a performance getting the entry in on time as I missed the Rural Post on the designated Friday.  No problem, I thought, I'd do it online.  Mucked up my bank account pin and three working days before anyone would help me so that led me to the decision to go to the Loominus weaving meeting on Monday and deliver the forms etc in person.  I've come to the conclusion I should never travel alone.  Got lost finding Margaret's place for the meeting (I've been there many times before) then got completely bamboozled finding my way around Cambridge.  Ended up in Lemmington which is completely the wrong side of town I needed to be.  Mission finally accomplished I drove home.

I've had word that both scarves have been accepted and that I should come to the opening, please!  The opening doesn't start until 7pm so, say presentations at 8 and, then a two hour drive home.  I'm showing my age by hesitating.  When I went to the opening of the Bay of Plenty exhibition I realised how important it is to go if at all possible because volunteers work very hard to put on an enjoyable show and it is disappointing if the award recipient isn't there.
NZ Bush

NZ Bush close up

Kaimai

Kaimai close up
Opening is 7 September so we'll all have to wait till then.
NZ Bush is an echo weave with two warps space dyed and then interleaved.  Kaimai shows the hazy blues of the hills with a twill back ground and a seperate twill resist pattern.  One side shows blue with green and the other dark green with blue highlights. other

1 comment: