After a month's holiday in Australia on Bribie Island I was enthusiastic to put the next warp on the loom for three DDW scarves.
The white, pale pink and mid pink are one warp and the wine is the second warp. The pattern is four threads of one warp and four of the second right across the width of the scarf.I wove the first scarf, cut it off the loom, twisted the tassels and wet finished it. That was when I found that the pale pink yarn was not behaving as wool should. After a bleach test I discovered it was a manmade fibre. What to do? Throw away the whole warp? I decided to take some of the white merino, wind another warp and dye it pale pink. I pulled the remaining warp, 6.5 metres, through the heddles and reed to the front and carefully cut a thread off, tied on the new thread. That looked successful so did the same with the midpink band so all shrinkage would be the same. It rolled on to the back beam with no problems and two beautiful scarves are the result. (I wear the dud scarf occasionally.)
I had noticed that the Marion Powell threading for shadow weave is similar to what I was using. I wound a warp with 1 x 1 colour and tied it on to my previous warp. My sample worked but, to me, was rather boring.
Since I had a 1 x 1 warp on the loom I wondered if Turned Taquete would be more interesting. It worked but decided it wasn't mind catching enough to weave three scarves.