Sunday, September 15, 2019

Desert Road t'towels

An exercise in using up cotton thread and exploring weave patterns.

Look at all the empty cones!
A mishap caused by not checking all threads.  See how the green is puckering; its not actually cotton.  When I did the burn test on a thread it went phewt and a ball of plastic was left on the bench.  Lovely if using a tea towel near a gas stove!
I wound some new warp in a darker green cotton, tied it to the old threads and pulled them through the reed and heddles and weighted them at the back of the loom.
The warp is a 5 end extended advancing twill and most wefts were woven with two shuttles.
I played in my software, turning half the tie up or turning half the treadling or cycling half the treadling or a combination thereof.
Some blended the stripes, some lines not so easy to follow.  The camera had trouble focusing.
This one below looks a bit like argyle and I like the border.

4 comments:

  1. Ummmm. Rather un-Dianne colors? Or New Dianne colors??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother of invention to use up yarn. But I do rathed like them if not my usual!

      Delete
    2. I know the feeling, both of them. Them one's preferences start to change, too.

      Delete
  2. I love the fact that you are brave....it's so easy to fall into using the same tried and true patterns; kudos for trying something new!

    ReplyDelete