Saturday, October 7, 2023

Deflected Double Weave scarves

Here we are, at the beginning of October and I hadn't realised I have been working with Deflected Double Weave most of the year.  Still am actually.
 
This particular pattern I got off Pinterest but changed the tie up.  I was very surprised to find, when I cut it off the loom, that the new reverse side was the same as the original design.
 
 
Paua above and below again using leftovers from previous projects which can really give a creative edge to the garment.
 Hydrangea above, Rhododendron below

 
Waihi Beach Gallery asked for some scarves in black and white.
This is an original design using my name to create the name draft.
 
 
 
Kakapo
The kakapo is a nocturnal, flightless parrot which is critically endangered with just 247 birds alive.  Recently Kakapo have been released to the Sanctuary at Mount Maungatautari, near Cambridge.  To celebrate their release I wove these scarves for Inspirit Gallery.
 I used the same original draft above changing it to reflect feathers.
 
   
I may be a little obsessed with DDW as I'm about to put yet another warp on the loom. 

2 comments:

  1. Love how all of the scarves turned out, and especially love hydrangea's colours. The scarves are a triumph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynette. Amazing how a change of colour with the same draft can change the look so much. A rewarding weave structure.

      Delete