Sunday, January 1, 2012

What's on the looms

Well its January 1, 2012 and time to reveal what's on the looms again.

First up is my table loom with the remainder of the double weave warp from here where the blue part of the warp ran into the white.  I'm in the process of taking both warp chains off the loom and I'll try soaking the blue warp in a salt solution.  If that doesn't work I'll discard the threads.
The 16 shaft compu dobby has a warp ready to weave another Kete blanket and an order for more colourways but my yarn supply company didn't come through with my order for wool before Christmas so will have to wait till mid January.  Its possibly held up by the Auckland wharfies strike ... grrr!
The 8 shaft Nitschke has a cotton warp sett at 30 epi and I'm doing an experiment in shibori.  So far the samples are promising some excitement but I want to repeat some samples and try others before revealing what I'm doing.
So three looms full of potential for the new year.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know there was a strike in Auckland right now. Gee, a victim - someone I know!

    I look forward to seeing your shibori experiments, too.

    ReplyDelete