Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Fantasy on 4 shafts

I have been enjoying reading other blogs so thought I'd have a catch up starting back at January 2023.

I did a wee demonstration at the Bay of Plenty Weavers group on threading front to back, tying on a new warp and lacing the warp to the front beam.
I wanted a fairly simple threading so that my old brain could cope while demonstrating.  I chose this Deflected Double Weave, Fantasy on 4 Shafts, from Double with a Twist by Marion Stubenitsky, page 70.  
It is so effective for 4 shafts, 4 treadles

Blue Gem Hebe

I was so taken with the pattern I had to try other colourways.
Fern

Each of these colours ways uses up leftovers from previous projects.
I often find that is when I get most creative.
Puriri tree flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment