Monday, December 23, 2013

Seasonal Red

I just looked back at the list on the last post and I've achieved all except the lose weight, in fact the scales might be going the other way what with cake, cookies and ice cream.  Oh dear!

Two more blankets have been woven on the warp I was tieing on and are waiting for finishing before photographing.  I thought these Rata ones deserved another shot.

 I've joined a group called "Fibre Artists" at the Cargo Shed in Tauranga.  The historic Cargo Shed is home to about 15 artists displaying their work for sale and an exhibition space for invited exhibitors.  It works out that I'll have to "man" the stand three days a month and yesterday was my first try.  Below shows part of the area of the Fibre Artists.

 There is also a table with knitting started for anyone to work on.  I was thrilled at the number of young folks who made a bee-line for the needles and knitted a few rows.

 Below is part of the runner I was working on.  Summer and winter, cotton warp and slub linen weft.  This is real stash busting.  When I first wove to sell at Whangamata, ooooh, 30 years ago I acquired a lot of yarns from Old Mrs Lloyd.  I never met Old Mrs Lloyd nor do I remember how I came by the yarns but I know many in my stash came from her.  I'm sure she would be pleased they are being used at last.
I'd like to wish you all the very best for the holiday season
and a really happy and creative 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment