Thursday, April 8, 2021

Red blankets

So here we are into April with autumn knocking on the door and the first weaving story of the year.
This is not a warp under control but a lot of patience and stubbornness got the warp with about 50 and more different types of yarn and different red shades onto the loom.  I tie onto a dummy warp which allows me to spread each variety of yarn reasonably evenly across the loom thus avoiding the seersucker effect.  I say reasonably because I use the eyeball method.  One rule I follow is a smooth yarn always goes next to a fluffy mohair one.
Some of the threads are quite fluffy especially the mohair so I find it useful to raise every second thread opening a shed while winding on front to back.


A pleasure to weave once its ready to go.
Two very different blankets from the same warp and they have both found their forever homes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment