Sunday, January 8, 2023

2022 Creations part 2

Continuing on with the 2022 summary.
 
Here we have a warp chain wound from a cone of variegated merino yarn with the colours stacked as I wound.

A series of scarves for Kina Gallery, New Plymouth follows.

 
The warps for these scarves were wound the same way in a darker colourway reflecting the Takahe.  Also at Kina Gallery.
More scarves for Kina Gallery in Teal shades.
 
 
 Blanket reflecting the Paua, also at Kina Gallery.
 
I did a wee demonstration at the Bay of Plenty Weavers group on threading front to back, tying on a new warp and lacing the warp to the front beam.
I wanted a fairly simple threading so that my old brain could cope while demonstrating.  I chose this Deflected Double Weave, Fantasy on 4 Shafts, from Double with a Twist by Marion Stubenitsky, page 70.  
It is so effective for 4 shafts, 4 treadles. 
 
There has been tea towel weaving; here is a selection. 
These are woven 4 colour double weave. 
 
I enjoyed knitting this wrap for my grand daughter (love in every stitch).
Pattern is Reflexions by Alla Saenko.  
 
The last weave of the year was a series of Pohutukawa blankets inspired by so many of the trees in full bloom; most appropriate for the Festive Season.
Hoping 2023 gifts you with peace, fun and laughter. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing what you accomplished last year....waaaay more than me!

    ReplyDelete