Thursday, May 2, 2013

Wedding wraps 2

Well, the spell has been broken and it rained torrentially the evening of the wedding.  Everyone got into the church reasonably dry and then it started, not that we let it spoil the fun.  I think it was one of the best weddings I've been to.  The bride wore an ivory strapless frock with glorious red shoes while the bridesmaids were dressed in short black frocks with red bouquets and as you can see the wraps were welcome.  The tables at the reception were dressed in black and decorated with beautiful old china, cups and saucers, cake stands etc.  Every place setting was marked with a wee bottle of lemon cheese spread made by the bride, a very special touch.
It just happened that when the parcel of wraps was delivered the grooms sister in law was there and the cry went out, I want one.  Well, me being me, if you put a warp on for three you might as well make a fourth.
I'd also made a wild raspberry one for someone else.  Showed them both to Sue and they're now living in Dubai.  It's so hot in Dubai, I did ask why they would be necessary - in a word "air conditioning".   Enjoy wearing them Sue.
Crammed and separate is so versatile in that it scrunches up for a scarf or makes a cosy wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment