Tuesday, June 6, 2017

I've been on holiday

Its been a while hasn't it!  Anyone miss my cheery posts?
First it was school holidays and we had our two delightful grandkids to stay for a few days.  I had this strange dream that by having a warp on the loom I'd have moments to work on it.  Come on GranD.

We had hardly delivered them home when we were packing our suitcases for a couple of weeks in Australia starting in Melbourne.  I'm the first to admit I'm not a photographer but a few pics that inspired me. 



Holiday days are always full on for us.  We went to a couple of jazz concerts, managed to get in to the Van Gough exhibition on our second attempt (so many people the first time they closed the ticket office), spent a day tramming, training and busing to Queenscliff among other activities.
After a relaxing couple of days at Heathcote staying on my cousin's farm we moved across state to the Grampian mountains for some tramping.  I was taken by the rock formations, quite different to anything I've seen here at home.  Sorry for so may pics; I couldn't choose just one.
Stepping stone walking track.

This is called the Balconies.  The young lady spent a lot of time sitting down on the ledge and I have to admit my heart was in my throat.
These were the signs saying don't go there but I heard her say well there isn't a fence to stop us!
The Pinacles


Shibori inspiration

Wild life - emus.
Lichen (echo weave maybe)
Bunjil (creator deity, ancestrol being)
About 1/8th of the rock with the painting of Bunjil.
The cave had a wire cage around it as in the past the art had been painted over with white paint.

And there the photos stopped even though quite a bit more holiday to go.  Spent the time in the old gold mining towns including Bendigo where, to the uninitiated, there is a wool mill.

Coming home through customs I got caught by the dog as I'd had an apple in my backpack.  The lady removed my neck cushion and ear phones then said whats this and proceeded to pull out yarn, and more yarn.  What's in this pocket; oh more yarn.  What's down here; surprise more yarn.  What's in here; oh your coat.  OK put it all away now!  Thank goodness she didn't ask me to open my suitcase.

It was a great break but always good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment