Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Garden ramble

Well, I'm not doing too well with creating work to blog about.  I was sick for a month right through Christmas and New Year and still not a hundred per cent so just muddling along.  Have started weaving off the white summer and winter blanket warp but the body will only let me do about half a metre a day.  A blimming nuisance to be 4 weeks behind on what I have, need and want to do on the looms.

Collected my work from the Waihi Exhibition last Sunday with neither piece selling.  Saturday was the Festival Garden Ramble with an artist in each garden.  I new it wouldn't be very busy so I set up a display in my allotted garden and sat and talked to my hostess and host.  I did have my spinning wheel with me but did very little.  But surprise surprise, on a really hot sunny day I sold two scarves.



Just so this post isn't all misery here's some blooms from the garden.
Yesterday we had rain all day expecting a downgraded cyclone last night (actually two cyclones met and combined) but it wasn't as bad as some storms we get and today the sky is blue and the sun shining so think I better visit the dye pot before the cold front from the south hits tonight, meaning I can get the mohair weft for blankets dry.

1 comment:

  1. Et tu, Tauranga. We had steady rain, but it didn't even meet the Heavy Rain Warning quota, I bet. No roads closed, no landslide that I know of.

    I'm sorry to hear you've not been well, but it sounds like things are looking up. And congrats on the sale of TWO scarves on a hot day!

    ReplyDelete